Friday, October 24, 2008

Indulgent snack (how could I resist)

There isn't a picture, unfortunately, but when I was at Whole Foods (a seriously dangerous place for me to go to!) I had an oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookie, a big one. Yes, it was amazing. Soft and chewy and sweet with really big chunks of chocolate and that delicious texture that oatmeal gives a cookie. It was worth every calorie (my guess 300-350 calories). Now for a cup of coffee.

On another note, I just ordered the following books from Amazon:

Food Politics by Marion Nestle
What to Eat by Marion Nestle
Good Calories/Bad Calories by Gary Taubes

When (if ever) I get time to actually read them, I'll write about them.

Also, I recently discovered that the history department will be offering the History of Food in the US since 1941. Very exciting. I definitely think I'm going to take it.

No comments: