Friday, October 24, 2008

Breakfast and Lunch 10/24







Breakfast: Granola (sprinkled with, of course, cinnamon), low fat plain yogurt and raspberries (the granola is hiding under the yogurt) and a cup of Tazo chai with a splash of half and half. I took my half PB+J sandwich with me to eat about an hour before the gym.

Workout for the day: 1 hour Dynamic Strength class (lunges, squats, etc.)

After the workout my instructor gave out candy. I know, crazy. Her justification was halloween. I ate a fun-size butterfinger (85 calories). It gets all stuck in your teeth. I should have gone for the baby ruth.



So Starbucks has introduced new hot chocolates.



Who can resist hot chocolate now that it's getting cooler? And they introduced one which really caught my eye: Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate. Now if you've never had anything which put caramel and salt or chocolate and salt together you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Go to Quack's Bakery on Duval and 42nd and try their Salted Oatmeal Chocolate cookie! But back to Starbucks. Now, their drinks usually aren't too bad if you play around with the menu a bit but this particular drink for the tall size with non fat milk has 400 calories and 51 grams of sugar (according to their website)! That's absolutely insane. How do they get so much sugar in there?! It's ridiculous!



Lunch: Egg scrambled with half a slice of sharp cheddar cheese and a slice of Hormel natural choice ham. Half a tomato, sliced. Mixed veggies (HEB mix of carrots, brocolli, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, onion and mushrooms) and I added some butternut squash that I found frozen and diced at Central Market a while back.

No comments: