Monday, October 20, 2008

Snack and Dinner 10/20


Homemade tomato soup with a slice of Ezekiel sprouted grain toast smeared with a wedge of the light original laughing cow cheese

Dinner: The other half of my Pei Wei Asian Chopped Chicken Salad without the wontons and with a little of the dressing


So I had a stressful day. So I found a "healthy-ish" brownie recipe online and decided to try it. It was bad. I ate one and a half of them until I decided they were very bad. The recipe said put them in the oven for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes they were over done. Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs

Here's what I did: I repalced the sugar with splenda. Now I've never cooked with splenda before but maybe it changes the bake time? Maybe I should have left it in for less time? It came out very... spongy. And bad. And the splenda after taste was too strong. Maybe next time I should use half sugar half splenda?

I threw the rest of them away. :( What a waste of calories.

Later I'll probably just have a cup of green tea and maybe a square or two of 86% chocolate (so I can get my real chocolate fix).

Now that I have all the ingredients for the brownies (since I went out and bought them!) maybe I'll try them again some time, maybe for election night PARTY! I think I'll try half sugar half slenda and really watch how long they're in the oven for. 10 minutes?

I'll keep you updated.

BUT according to the recipe analyzer at nutritiondata.com the recipe using all splenda gives each brownie (9 servings total) 117 calories. If I use half splenda half sugar they have... 162 calories.

No comments: