Monday, October 20, 2008

10/19: A weak day


Breakfast: Banana sliced with low fat plain yogurt and some high fiber cereal, whole foods brand. Half an Ezekiel sprouted grain english muffin with fig jam and a little ricotta cheese. Cup of Tazo Spiced Chai tea with a splash of half and half.


Lunch: About 1/2 a cup of mashed sweet potato (made with orange juice, cinnamon and all spice) with 1/2 of black beans on top and some squash, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower on the side.

Snack: Apple

Then I went to HEB and my healthy day went to shit as I picked around at the place where you can buy things in bulk (chocolate peanut caramel clusters, chocolate malt balls, chocolate covered toffee almonds... yeah)Then I came home and for some reason I was hungry (maybe it's the period? I think it's the weekend to blame) and I ate some carrots with hummus and 1/2 a slice of Ezekiel sprouted grain bread with crunchy peanut butter.



Oh and I ate two fortune cookies. And a small piece of chocolate. And a spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar.

I swear. Food can be a gateway.

Dinner: Half Pei Wei Asian Chopped Chicken Salad without the wonton strips and with the dressing on the side.

Grande pike place roast from Starbucks with a splash of half and half


Came home from my study group and was hungry? What a surprise. I resisted until I ate a few baby carrots dipped in the dressing from my Pei Wei salad.

Work out for the day: 50 minutes jogging on treadmill + 15 minutes stretch

It was over 3 miles. I really surprised myself, I had never pushed myself that hard. It wasn't difficult, I just never thought I could do it so I never tried. I went 4.5 mph most of the time. I walked at 2mph for maybe a minute at a time 3 times throughout. And I went up to 6 mph one minute at a time about 5 times.

Now I'm thinking that maybe my crazy idea of doing a 5k race isn't so crazy after all?

:)

No comments: