Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Easy, quick lunch

And nutritious, of course.

Couscous with salmon, makes about 3-4 servings:



2/3 cup dry whole wheat couscous prepared as on package (without the oil or butter)
6 ounces wild salmon braised and glazed with teriyaki sauce, fork shredded
8-10 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 jarred roasted red bell pepper, diced
4 artichoke hearts, diced
2-3 ounces cheese, fresh mexican or feta, diced
1/2 - 2/3 cup sugar snap peas, cooked

Mix it all together and enjoy! It's soooo good! And healthy! And keeps in the refrigerator for a few days. Yum yum yum!

My guess is that 1/4 of it has about 300 calories

I used fresh mexican cheese (panela) because that's what I had. The feta is more traditional and adds a really strong amazing flavor. My mom adds capers which I did not have but they also add a lot of saltiness. Be careful of using feta and capers together because they're both very strong and salty and a little goes a long way. Other things that you can add which are really delicious are dried apricots, raisins, pine nuts, cilantro, parsley. We usually add scallions also. And finely chopped red onion which I forgot to add but I have some in my fridge so I may just go chop that up and add it to my leftovers!

The point is: it's really easy, quick (took me max of 20 minutes) and nutritious. And it's super versatile!

No comments: