Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back to basics: good nutrition, great taste

For lunch: the best shake ever. After the past 3 days of absolutely abominable food consumption (not necessarily unhealthy, just in very large quantities) it's time to remember the simple, delicious things in life, like this:

1 1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk
about 1/2 to 2/3 cup water
1 tblsp agave nectar
1 tblsp creamy peanut butter
2 tblsp wheat germ
1 medium banana
1 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries

Blend it all together and enjoy! I drank about 2/3 of it, my dad the rest.

I say this was my lunch but don't fret, after so much stomach stretching over the past few days I'm sure I'll be hungry again soon. It takes a little time for your stomach to contract back to its normal size, unfortunately.

No comments: