Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pancakes: Yum yum!

Today as I made my pancakes I wanted to try something a little new... but I didn't have much to work with, but this is what I ended up doing, and they were delicious!

2 cups Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Buttermilk pancake mix
1/3 cup sweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups unsweetened soymilk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 packet instant oatmeal
2 eggs
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

According to the recipe analyzer on Calorie Count each pancake (this made 11 pancakes for me) has 112 calories... that seems low, I think. But maybe not. Either way, they have 6 g of protein each and 2 g of fiber! They were delicious. That Hodgson Mill pancake mix is the best I've ever found. No added sugar, whole wheat, light and fluffy but super healthy and hearty. I've tried their buckwheat pancake mix also which I really liked but some people I made them for thought they were too heavy.

No comments: