Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quesadillas

From Cooking Light I got the recipe for goat cheese and corn quesadillas.

I bought extra thin corn tortillas and used them. They were quite small but ended up really being the perfect size for lunch paired with half a cup of refried beans and some slices of tomato.

2 corn quesadillas
1 oz. goat cheese
1 oz. corn kernels
A few pieces of caramelized red onion
1 tablespoon tomatillo sauce (I bought a mild fire roasted green sauce from Arriba, all natural ingredients, and it is DELICIOUS!)

Just spread the goat cheese on one of the tortillas, scatter the onions and corn, top it with tomatillo sauce and the other tortilla. Heat the griddle pan to medium-high heat and toast each side. I think I started with my pan on too low heat because the tortillas didn't really crisp up like I wanted them to. But regardless of the slightly too soft tortillas (which made it hard to eat like a quesadilla) the flavor was amazing! I also added about 2 tablespoons of the tomatillo sauce to the refried beans. It was all heavenly.

No comments: