Saturday, May 2, 2009

Galaxy Cafe, NWNW, Sullivan's

Galaxy Cafe - Seared Tuna Salad

This is not really a dinner place, I don't think. At least not one for ambiance or atmosphere. Seems like the perfect lunch place, rather, with a menu full of salads and wraps and sandwiches. Amy had the fried fish wrap - it was rather spicy but not that flavorful. My tuna salad was very simple, the tuna was deliciously seasoned and seared perfectly but other than that the salad itself was nothing to write home about. After we shared an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie which was chewy and gooey and melt-in-your-mouth delish! I'd like to come back here for lunch one day to try one of their many scrumptious sounding sandwiches!

NXNW - Sirloin Salad

Bed of spinach with red onions, not sliced thinly enough, a few slices of tomato and cucumber and a very tangy balsamic vinaigrette. The sirloin was cooked perfectly, medium well, and was extremely tender although it was quite fatty and needed trimming, for my tastes. The atmosphere of the place is really inviting and fun, it'd be a great place to go just for the bar. Amanda's chicken penne pasta in a tomato cream sauce was delicious and Amy had the rotisserie chicken plate which had kind of a balsamic vinaigrette reduction on it - it was amazing. It came with green beans, perfectly crisp and deliciously seasoned. And some caramelized onion mashed potatoes - yum!

I definitely need to go back here once I turn 21 - this place has an incredible drinks menu, cocktails and wine!

The other day I went to Sullivan's for dinner with some people from work. I shared their signature martini with my coworker - they soak pineapple in orange vodka and then squeeze it through a cheese cloth for an incredibly delicious, sweet, smooth drink which can get you in trouble because it's so easy to drink. They call it the knock out! For dinner I had their cobb salad which was one of the best salads I've ever had. Chicken, avocado, eggs, bacon, cheese - it was perfection. I could eat that many times over. It's right up there with two other of my favorite salads in this here town - the Asian Chicken Salad from Hyde Park Bar & Grill and the Mango Steak Salad from Z Tejas!

No comments: